About Susan Brown
My goal is to help you marry financial, organizational and professional success with the ideas that matter to you the most: the values and passions that add depth, meaning and energy to your life.
My job is to provide you with concrete information, support and collaboration to make your work effective, connected to your values and aligned with your goals.
Two fundamental passions drive my work:
- Economic justice and values-driven economic development to support women and minority communities.
- Personal growth and consciousness work in service to truth, depth and wisdom.
My years of experience in both arenas provide a mature, in-depth perspective to individual and organizational change. I’m committed to building professional communities that share knowledge, energy and ideas for mutual support.
- 25 years of experience in microenterprise and microlending, collaborating with CDFIs throughout California
- 25 years of experience with business development, program design, messaging and online learning
- Life long commitment to personal growth, focusing in the past five years on the Diamond Approach
- Presenter, trainer, facilitator in both intimate and national settings
- Bachelor’s in Economic Development from U.C. Berkeley and Master’s in Public Policy from Princeton University
What Others are Saying
Susan has been instrumental in leading California’s microfinance field into the 21st century. She recognized the need for the industry to adopt new technology to increase efficiencies and reach more borrowers. She’s worked with technology providers to understand their contribution to the field; she’s worked with organizations, their leaders and their staff to change their lending processes in order to scale; and she’s created a program that will develop best practices for the industry.